We are half-way across the globe from UK yet the husband is like a pregnant woman craving for fish and chips. I think I’ll blame it on the TV shows that we’ve watched featuring food trucks and the best fish and chips.
I’ve watched Jamie Oliver and Heston Blumenthal’s version of Fish and Chips and they make it look so quick and easy I said I’d give it a go
I bought some Cream Dory at Metro Ayala that cost me P149.00 ($3.60) for just over a kilo or 2.25 lbs of this lovely white fish. I had 3 large fillets already pin-boned.
The best Fish and Chips use the beer batter but since I’m serving this to my four-year old daughter also, I decided to use soda water instead.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Sunflower or Canola oil for deep-frying
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 kilo or 2.25 lbs. of cream dory or any white fish fillets, pin-boned
• 1 cup flour, plus extra for dusting
• 285ml soda water or good cold beer
• 3 heaped teaspoons baking powder